NOVA has a strong track record of delivering results to its clients providing specialist, technical and support services to industry and to the energy sector within Vietnam.
NOVA’s advisory and consulting services offering is part of our commitment to deliver results for our customers.
Our vision of success is to build on our existing business platform, access to projects and network of clients in Vietnam (private and state owned), to expand the range of service offerings to NOVA’s Vietnam customers.
NOVA’s consulting practice is focused on three core activities:
Consultancy Services – Overview and Experience
- NOVA’s principals have specialized Vietnam Energy Project and Support Services Background, including commercial and project leadership on the largest Vietnamese domestic gas-to-power value chain projects, from both the investor/operator side as well as from the Vietnam national oil company (NOC) and power company side.
- NOVA principals also have significant exposure to current Vietnam LNG-to-Power project evaluations relating both, to the developing regulatory discussions, as well as project evaluation and selection.
- We are currently advising one of the major state-owned power generation companies on Vietnam’s first LNG tender process design, requiring significant stakeholder engagement within the regulatory space to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- NOVA has also undertaken a specific LNG buy-side supply advisory for a regional energy group operating in Vietnam.
- NOVA has also been engaging with both regional and Vietnam asset investors and operators, identifying opportunities both within the solar power and wind power project space.
- Such activities include ongoing project development activity and stakeholder engagement across the MOIT, involving the MOIT’s Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority (EREA) to address regulatory issues relating to curtailment and solutions to address grid development requirements.
- NOVA has a unique set of skills that clients can leverage to identify and capture sustainable energy value chain opportunities, both in the gas-to-power space and in renewables.
Consultancy Services – Value Proposition
NOVA’s service offering encompasses a comprehensive suite of solutions for clients looking to advance energy value chain business development opportunities in Vietnam.
NOVA has the capacity to deliver consistent with client’s value drivers and business objectives:
- Structure and execute a Vietnam Business Development and Commercial Strategy;
- Manage all stakeholder engagement utilizing NOVA’s Vietnam footprint;
- Advise on commercial negotiation strategy and negotiation strategy implementation;
- Assess relevant commercial risks and suggest / structure solutions and risk mitigation
- Directly negotiate commercial agreements if the client requires;
- Manage all local infrastructure support in country client visits and local engagements.
NOVA’s value proposition includes:
- Vietnam Commercial / Business Development Advisory
- Business Development Strategy Framing
- Commercial Strategy Advisory
- Negotiation Advisory/Strategy Framing
- VN Country Entry Advisory
- Stakeholder Engagement and Planning
- Business Planning Advisory
Asset Investment Advisory (Renewables, Gas-to-Power)
NOVA – has existing infrastructure, access to projects, a network of clients and deep stakeholder relationships in Vietnam through its ongoing business platform in the energy space to leverage access to buy and sell-side opportunities and information that can be utilized to build a targeted, fit-for-purpose Business Development portfolio structured to address and align with client priorities and value drivers.
DANIEL (Dan) HAMER
Dan is currently leading NOVA International (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.’s Consultancy Services start up. He was previously engaged as Gas Advisor and Major Gas Projects Team Leader for the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petro Vietnam), Vietnam’s State energy company, during the period 2015 to mid-2017.
Please contact Dan directly for further details and advice on NOVA’s Consultancy Services. You can access Dan’s career biography and contact details, after inputting your contact information in the form below, or select the Contact button at the top of this page: